Mary and Josephs walked a long way to Nazareth to Bethlehem and they walked for 24.7 km and it took 5 hours and 13 minutes. they walked from Nazareth to Bethlehem. Mary and Josephs walked a long time before Jesus was born.
Wednesday, 17 April 2013
Friday, 5 April 2013
Similes and Metaphors
A simile is where two things are directly compared because they share a common feature. The word AS or LIKE is used to compare the two words. Eg. As cold AS a dog's nose
A metaphor also compares two things, but it does so more directly WITHOUT using as or like. Eg. The shop was a little gold-mine.
At the end of the sentence, write in brackets whether the sentence is an example of a metaphor or simile.
Eg. The clouds were fluffy like cotton wool. (SIMILE)
- As slippery as an eel. (simile) ✔
- Arnie was a man-mountain. (metaphor) ✔
- He was a lion in battle.(metaphor) ✔
- She is as pretty as a picture.(simile) ✔
- The striker was a goal machine. (metaphor) ✔
- The torch lit up the room as if the sun had risen early. (sImIle) ✔
The moon was a misty shadow. (metaphor) ✔My friend has a face like a bag of spanners. (Simile)
Wednesday, 3 April 2013
1) Put in the Capital Letters and Full stops.
- During the holidays I was really happy.
- Suddenly the really fast car came around the corner.
- Mary was sad because John couldn’t come to her party.
2) Highlight the punctuation in this paragraph.
When the family came over Mum was really excited. “Who is going to help me in the kitchen?” asked Mum. Everyone was happy to lend a hand.